– NEWBORN BABY PHOTOSHOOT INFO –
All our newborn photo shoots are held in our baby friendly studio based in Ferndown, Dorset. On this page we hope to answer all your questions you might have. If there is anything we haven’t covered please feel free to contact us.
- Our love of pastel, light and neutral colours creates natural, timeless images for your family
- We are specialist newborn photographers with a high level of training in photography and newborn safety
- We run a fully insured studio with public liability
- From start to finish we are here to guide you through the experience of a newborn photoshoot to provide you with quality photos for your home
WHEN SHOULD WE BOOK
We pencil you in our diary for your due date and then once your baby is born we will arrange a day and time that is convenient for you. We take a limited number of newborn babies each month to ensure we can be flexible when we schedule your photo shoot.
WHAT IF MY BABY WONT SLEEP?
Our studio is set up to create the perfect environment for newborn photography so your baby feels warm, relaxed and peaceful. The sessions are baby led and we allow for plenty of time for feeding and cuddles. With this combination and our extensive knowledge of newborn babies we rarely get babies that don’t sleep at all. Some babies love to be awake during their session and that’s fine, we can work with them capturing beautiful images of their eyes open.
HOW OLD SHOULD MY BABY BE?
Ideally we like to photograph newborn babies between 5 and 21 days when possible so we can capture those fresh newborn features whilst they are still sleepy and can easily curl into that womb-like positions. But we totally understand that life with a newborn is hectic and time flies past so quickly. We are happy to photograph your baby at any age but after 6 weeks it does tend to become a little more tricky to get those curled up, sleepy shots. When they get a little older their eyes begin to focus more so we can create a gallery with lovely awake photos too.